Recent News Articles
Poisoning suspected in Thailand deaths
Accidental poisoning is suspected in the deaths of two Canadian sisters in Thailand, authorities said Sunday.
Noemi Belanger, 26, and Audrey Belanger, 20, of Pohenegamook, Quebec, were found dead Thursday night in a hotel room on Phi Phi Island, The (Montreal) Gazette reported.
Police said there was no indication of foul play, with accidental poisoning suspected as the cause of their deaths. The contents of their stomachs were to be analyzed, the newspaper said.
The young women, who had arrived at the Thai hotel Tuesday, were found in their room by a maid. Police estimate they had been dead about 24 hours.
Investigators found a large amount of vomit in the room, as well as blood on the women’s faces, which are possible signs of poisoning. There was no evidence of an altercation or theft.
Copyright 2012 by United Press International