Pregnancy Journal How To
A Pregnancy Journal is a perfect tool for the expectant mother. It helps you express your feelings, alleviates overwhelm, and tracks the many changes you are experience. In a time when so many things are new, even your emotions and mommy-brain moments, a journal can help you feel more in control. When you review your journaled entries, you can get an understanding of many changes during your gestation.
Why Keep a Pregnancy Journal?
A Pregnancy Journal is useful in so many ways.
- It ensures that you can provide actual, detailed information to your doctor about any changes or symptoms you might experience.
- It helps you remember things, because pregnancy hormones contribute to being forgetful, but the simple act of writing something down makes it embedded in your mind.
- You get to document all the special moments of this time in your life. It is a keepsake you can cherish for years to come.
Pregnancy Journal Tips
- Use your Pregnancy Journal to track daily changes in your body, and the movement of your baby. Note anything in your environment that may have been different.
- Track the food you eat to ensure that you have a balanced diet and don’t gain too much weight.
- Record any food cravings you experience.
- Track how much and what type of exercise you do.
- Write about your feelings, especially when you are overly emotional. This provides a catharsis, so you will carry less stress throughout your pregnancy.
- Keep a list of your favorite baby names.
- Add photos to your journal. Take pictures of nursery décor that appeal, include your ultrasound images, and take belly selfies.
- Track your basal temperature during the first three months of your pregnancy.
- Use category tags on all your journal entries so they can be easily searched.